Wednesday, January 14, 2015

No man can remove our joy that we belong to God

Pam Padgettteacher

When Jesus told His disciples that He would go to the Father and they wouldn't see Him for a little while, they were sorrowful.  But Jesus told them ...

John 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Jesus died and rose again, paying for our sins and redeeming us to God, and now sits at the right hand of the Father interceding for us.  And the Holy Spirit is given to dwell in those who have been born again ... always with us ... guiding us ... teaching us ... bringing to us what the Father speaks to us.  These things bring great joy and cannot be taken from us by any man. 

Even when we face problems and hatred on this earth, we are comforted and rejoice when we hear from God, God showing His love and care of us in the matter, giving us exactly what we need at that exact time, showing us the way we are to go.

At one time I attended the singles group at a church.  I warned a divorced woman who attended that group and was obviously looking for another husband that, if she remarried, she would commit adultery and the man who married her would commit adultery.  And I shared scripture with her, such as Matt. 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. 

Some months later she became engaged to a man who attended this group.  I spoke with him, sharing scripture with him, warning him that he would commit adultery if he married this divorced woman.  I also shared these things with the woman who was to be the maid of honor.  

Soon after this, those in the singles group would have nothing more to do with me, even getting up and moving away from me in the church auditorium.  I didn't know why I was being shunned and turned to God.  A couple weeks later, a woman I didn't know very well came to me saying she had a message from God for me.  The message was ... God knew how I was being treated by those in the singles group and that I needed to know this was because I had done His will in trying to stop the adulterous marriage. 

The joy I had as a result of hearing from God in this matter could not be dimmed or removed by what those in the singles group did against me.   

We may suffer loss of things and people of this world, but no man has power to separate us from the love of God nor take the joy we have because we belong to God and He cares for us.