Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Our help is in God

Pam Padgett - teacher

Psalm 9:9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Reading this it stood out to me what assurance God has given to us that it is His will for us to turn to Him with whatever we face and that He will help us, not forsake us.

The devil tries to keep us from turning to God by bringing thoughts such as "This problem is too small to turn to God with it" or "How can I possibly be helped with this problem?"  But it is the will of God for us to turn to Him with each problem or concern, trusting that HE can and will give us the help we need.

A few days ago I felt a little "off", unable to focus or think clearly, but didn't know why.  There was a thought that I couldn't pray about this because I didn't even know what the problem was.  But then the Holy Spirit brought a thought to just be honest with God about this.  I prayed, telling God that I felt "off" but didn't know why, but knew that HE knew the problem, and asked for help.  After praying, I realized I had a dull headache and that this was because I hadn't had enough sleep.  I took an aspirin and rested for a while, and felt fine after this.   

Psalm 3:2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. 3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. 4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.