Thursday, November 6, 2014

Safety is of God

Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord.

Comments by Pam Padgett

For several years I had a 90-pound German Shepherd dog.  At times someone would say to me that I'd never need to worry about danger with this dog around.  But I knew, and usually replied, that my trust was in God to help me in whatever I face. 

There were a few times during the night that a sound would wake me.  Each time it was God I called out to for help, not depending on the dog for protection. 

As I read Proverbs 21:31 today I realized that after this dog died, I didn't feel vulnerable because God is the One who keeps me safe. 

And God is able to keep us safe in ways nothing and no one of this world can, such as ...  
-- Giving us truth when we turn to Him with lies the devil brings by thoughts to try to harm us. 
-- Giving us wisdom and guiding us in the way for us to go in whatever we're dealing with. 
-- Providing the way of escape from temptations.
-- God knows all things that affect us, now and in the future, and by the Holy Spirit is able to "get through" to us if we need to make adjustments in the way we are going. 

In whatever we face, we are kept by God.