Thursday, November 27, 2014

Life for us is of God, not of man

Pam Padgett - teacher

Recently while thinking of the holiday traditions of families and other people gathering for a big holiday meal and often spending an entire day (or days) together, I kept thinking of how dead these gatherings have seemed to me when I have gone to them.  Almost immediately I wanted to get away.  Advertisements show these gatherings as being full of life, but in reality they have seemed dead to me. 

Today I was reminded of ...

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

God has given us the Holy Spirit living in us leading us by His Word.  Life for us is in hearing what God speaks to us and going in that way, and in having access to turn to God in prayer. 

Things of the flesh, even the best-planned events authored by man, are dead in comparison to the life we have been given.