Sunday, November 23, 2014

Holy Spirit guides us into all truth

Pam Padgett - teacher

A few days ago while dealing with getting a new door to be installed between my house and garage, I first went to a home improvement store.  As I was leaving there, the Holy Spirit brought a thought reminding me of a handyman service who has done work for me in the past.  When I talked with them, they suggested a wooden door, which is what I had wanted but had been told by others was not available as a fire door.  I was grateful that the Holy Spirit reminded me of this handyman service. 

A short time after being reminded of the handyman service, however, thoughts came accusing me that I had failed to pray about how to deal with this project before starting.  At first I thought this was true.  But the Holy Spirit reminded me of exact instances when I had prayed, and even what I had prayed in dealing with this door.

The Holy Spirit reminded me of the truth, while the devil brought thoughts opposite to the truth which falsely accused me. 

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
 
The devil is the father of lies and often uses lies as he seeks to weaken, destroy and trouble us, sometimes twisting truth and sometimes speaking what is exactly opposite to truth. 

But the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth and shows us what is true.  By truth from the Holy Spirit we are able to overcome.