Saturday, November 29, 2014

Jesus lights every man who comes into this world

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In John 1:9, we read that Jesus lights every man who comes into this world ...

People will say, "She got that from her mother" ... "He got that from his uncle" ... when a talent or characteristic surfaces.

John 1:9 causes me to question this saying of man ...

John 1:9 ... (Jesus) was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.


Talent in us surfaces when we show interest in certain things and especially when that interest doesn't burn out but continues through out life.

I have always been able to write.  I enjoy writing.  I believe I have a talent for writing.  I Jn. 9 causes me to have a firmer foundation for believing this talent was put there by God and not inherited from a human relative.  While the talent might be developed through use, the talent has to be there before it can be developed and I believe by Jn. 9 that Jesus put that talent in me.

To me this belief is important for it causes me to be grateful to God.  It puts down pride of man that will try to surface over that "talent".  When we believe the talent is from God, then we will praise God and not another.

Also "Jesus lights every man that comes into the world" ... when we see something and understand, I believe it is because HE gave us that light so we could understand.  Again this would fight pride of man.  The understanding would not be of ourselves where we could pride in ourselves.

All understanding is from God.

My aunt was a truly great cook and seamstress.  No one else in the family was like her.  We often gloried in her.  But our glory should be in the creator who created my aunt.  When we think of her it would be more proper if we thanked God who gives that talent to men and women.

The world likes to praise humans.  Flesh delights in flesh.

I believe "light", understanding, talents are put in us by God and not by inheritance from man.

To one God gives this ... to another God gives that ... and to some, who are called, God gives salvation.

Heb. 10 ... 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

No one gets there by his own will ... It is a gift of God for those chosen by God, as God wills.

Humans don't like to think of an "elect" of God but we read often in the New Testament of an elect of God.  Paul devotes a whole chapter on the subject of the elect of God.  Romans 9

We who are of God just accept it.  Those who are religious and filled with themselves will often reject it or reason it away with their own mind.  By doing such they become god.  For to follow God is to give up yourself and agree with HIM.

But we who are of God accept that which God allows us to see in Bible.  Often we have to give up our own thoughts about the matter in order to accept HIS thoughts for our thoughts are often contrary to HIS Word.