Tuesday, November 25, 2014

God chooses foolish and despicable things to confound the wise

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The flesh of man likes to see other flesh as worthy.  Men honor other men in various ways and delight in exalting flesh among themselves.

But God chooses the foolish and despicable things to confound the wise.

Often the least worthy person is singled out for salvation.  And people are confounded when this unworthy person begins to speak of things of God.  And the religious people who thought themselves to be worthy are confused when such happens.

I Cor. 1 ... 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 


My cousin was a Church of Christ member all her life.  She saw herself as a Christian.  She saw herself as a very moral woman.  She saw herself as religious.  She married a pillar of the Church of Christ.  They were the aristocracy of their church group.  Her husband was also a medical doctor. They were held in esteem by others around them because of their fleshly achievements and their professed religion.  Both of them fought me greatly after I became a Christian and shared things of God with them.  To the end of his life, the husband spoke evil of me.  After his death, his wife (my cousin) continued to share the evil of me spoken by her husband.  They were greatly confounded by me.   (surprised and confused for this was contrary to their expectations concerning me)

I was not a desirable person before I was born again.  My cousin once said to me, "Well ... I know you are a Christian ... I just don't see how you can be."

Many people in church groups think themselves to be wise and at the top of religion.  But they are actually like Jesus described them in Revelation 3 ... 17 Because thou sayest,  I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

And God chose the base things and things that are despised to confound the flesh.

Drunkards, fornicators, adulterers, homosexuals ... are among those chosen by God to confuse man who is trying to be religious of himself.  How can these people be Christians?  bewildered onlookers ask.  It doesn't make sense that such could be of God.  Nice people are the ones who should be Christians, they think.

But God's ways are very different.  Salvation is not going to come by works but by faith in the works of Jesus Christ.  And God confounds the wise in their wisdom of what should be. And exalts the most unlikely people.