Saturday, November 8, 2014

From member of body of Christ

Cathy Varner

We began having a problem with our stove, in that the oven wasn't heating properly. When I knew we'd be looking for a new one, I prayed that God would guide us in finding the right one, and if possible to find it quickly when we went to look, without a lot of running to a lot of stores and having a hard time deciding between choices.

When we went to look, we needed electric and it seemed as far as the type we wanted there were only 2 different stove top types to choose from.  I preferred one and my husband wanted the other.  I explained my reasons for wanting the type I did, but he very strongly still wanted the other.  I knew I shouldn't strive with him over this, so I consented to get the kind he preferred.

After a while I realized I should pray about this.  I knew I didn't know which type would be better for us.  Maybe the one my husband wanted would be the best choice. I talked to God about it and asked that if it was ok for us to get the kind I preferred, would He please change my husband's mind about it.  For awhile he was still insistent.  But then as we were sitting and waiting for the clerk to look up information on various models, my husband said something, indicating that it was ok for us to get the kind I'd wanted. We were sitting right across from a model that caught our eye and had some desirable features, and we ended up buying that one.

God also had answered my other prayer, for we only went to 2 different stores and the decision ended up being fairly easy and quick.