Sunday, November 9, 2014

If we judge ourselves, we will not be judged

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Cor. 11 says ... This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself (by those scriptures), and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

When we read the Bible, we have the opportunity to "judge ourselves" by the Spirit of God through the Holy Scriptures.

Yesterday I took the Bible chapter that was printed at the beginning of the blog and judged myself.  It is important to do this from time to time so see if there is an area where we need to correct something.

I Peter 2 was the chapter printed yesterday .. In the first paragraph there are areas where we can check ourselves.

First I prayed, asking God to show me truth about myself in these areas.

I Peter 2 ... Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 2As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.  6Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 7Unto you therefore which believe he is precious


First, I considered malice, guile, hypocrisies, envies, evil speaking ... I took each of these and considered the meaning of each word, seeing if God would show me any evil that might have crept into my heart so I could repent if so. 

malice:  ill will toward another with desire to see them harmed

guile:  deception / giving an appearance or impression different from the way I really feel

hypocrisy:  deliberately misleading / causing another person to think I feel a way that I do not feel

envy:  feeling of discontent and resentfulness aroused by someone elses possession or good fortune

After checking myself on each area, I considered the meaning of the word "precious" ... I Peter 2 says Unto you therefore which believe HE (Jesus, The Word) is precious ...

Precious means:

- of great value
- not to be wasted
- not to be treated carelessly

It is critical to consider the Bible to be precious ... not to treat Bible carelessly.


Sometimes when I begin to read scriptures from Bible or blog, I will find my mind is thinking of something other than those scriptures.  This treats the Bible carelessly.  We must stop ourselves when we realize we are doing this and pray and read again, focusing correctly on that which we read.

We cannot afford to mishandle the word of God.  If you do so you bring a judgment on yourself and Paul explains to us,  30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep (die).  I Cor. 11

The Lord's supper pertains to eating and drinking the word of God correctly.  (It has nothing at all to do with crackers and grape juice as many churches teach.)  The Lord's supper is the word of God which has a power to change us and take us in the way of God when we deal correctly with that Word.