Sunday, May 28, 2023

πŸ’₯ Proverbs help me to modify my way.


So often I will "jump in" and have to give a reason for something.

This proverb warns me not to do that!

Proverbs 26:16  The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

There are other proverbs that help me to make adjustments also.

Proverbs 22:13  The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.

Avoid making excuses for "not" going forward.

In the 1980's there was a woman who had a beautiful operatic contralto voice.  She and her husband had been over Europe many times where he spoke and she sang at churches.

When a woman who was VP at Braniff airlines was follower of my radio broadcasts and gave me two round trip tickets to Europe, I invited Emogene to go along.  She could get us many invitations to share in church groups where she sang and I spoke.

Later I invited her to go with me to Houston where I had been invited to speak at a church.  I was on radio in Houston at that time.

I decided to set up radio broadcast in Oklahoma City and I invited her to go to the initial meeting which I was giving there for radio audience but Emogene said, "Maybe we should wait until a man can go with us."

I went on by myself to Oklahoma City.

I ended up making tours all over USA to places I was on radio.  I would rent a meeting room at motel or convention center and announce on radio I would be there on specific days and times.  I was travelling alone and there was no problem.  

God told me not to allow a "reason" (imagination of the mind) to hold me back.  

I recall having a Sunday afternoon meeting in Denver the day the Broncho's (football team) played a game at the same time as my meeting.  I had a good crowd come to the meeting in spite of the football game.

I divided the USA into 3 sections and would have east coast, central, and west coast tours where I spoke to radio audiences and I always ended up going alone.  If I needed help someone who lived in that city would help me.

The proverb warns us not to allow imaginations to stop us.

"The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Several other proverbs have been very helpful to me in laying a spiritual foundation for my action

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 1

10  My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
15  My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
16  For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 3

5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6  In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.
7  Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8  It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 3

25  Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
26  For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 3

31  Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of HIS ways.
32  For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but HIS secret is with the righteous.
33  The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but HE blesseth the habitation of the just.
34  Surely HE scorneth the scorners: but HE giveth grace unto the lowly.

(Scorner: one who looks down with disdain on another person making fun of that person he feels is worthless or foolish)

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 4

20 My son, attend to MY words; incline thine ear unto MY sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.

(forward: stubbornly unruly)

(perverse lips: willfully turned away from instruction from God to follow another way)

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 9

6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the HOLY is understanding.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 10

24 The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.

(Settle all fears in prayer with God.  Do not try to ignore fear.  Deal with each fear by prayer.)

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 11

The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.

(perverseness:  showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable, often in spite of the consequences;  going contrary to the scriptures.)

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 16

3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Proverbs 16

4  The LORD hath made all things for Himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 17

15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 20

 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 21

1  The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: HE turneth it whithersoever HE will.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 21

 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 21

16  The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 21

30  There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.  

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 27

1 Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

(James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.  
15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 
16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.)

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 27

20  Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 28

1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 29

25  The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Proverbs 30

Every word of God is pure: HE is a shield unto them that put their trust in HIM.

πŸ’₯  Proverbs 31

10  Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

30  Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯