Tuesday, May 30, 2023

πŸ’₯ Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. (Proverbs 27:20)


Comments by Joan Boney:

Recently I completed a secular project and as a result merchants added me to their mailing list and began sending me emails showing additional items "I might like."

I did not open their email.  

I am content with that which I now have.  (I Timothy 6)

I often avoid catalogues and such that stir up my flesh for things I do not need.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As we approached the end of winter, I knew I needed some dresses to wear around the house.  That which I had been wearing would be too warm for summer.  That which I wore last summer do not suit me because I find them shorter than I prefer and also having gone through the disease "shingles" some fabrics irritate my skin and I didn't want to go through sorting this matter out.  (I think I just talked with God about the need.)

One day Pam came into my room carrying a bright house-type dress.  She said, "Do you think you might use this?"  I told her I do need something for summer and I would certainly try it and see if it worked for me.

The material did not irritate my skin.  And the length was longer and I liked it very much.  After wearing it I found it to be exactly what I needed for summer.

(I ordered 4 dresses just like this one, but in various colors.  I usually need about 5  for purposes of laundry.  I'm not interested in variety of clothing.  I'm just trying to get through the warmer seasons and this one dress which could be ordered on Internet suited me perfectly.)

I marveled at how easily my need was met at the exact time of the need.

Matthew 6  (Jesus says)

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

I felt I had just experienced this scripture being fulfilled in my life through God knowing my need and using Pam to help me.

Philippians 4:19    But my God shall supply all your need,

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Concerning the scripture:  " Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied."

I often witnessed the truth of this scripture when I owned my business in American Indian Arts.  Mostly we sold jewelry.  I saw women come in and put an item on lay away.  I saw these women come in to pick up the item and before they even got the jewelry they had purchased, they were looking for other jewelry to buy.

Merchants love this truth!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The dealer in Colorado Springs who helps us with sound and video equipment sent us an invitation to attend a showing and demonstration in Denver by a maker of sound equipment.

I told Pam I did not want to hear this.

I am content with the sound equipment I have and everything works well together.  I don't want to make any additional change.

I am truly grateful for what I have.

I Timothy 6

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯