Friday, May 26, 2023

πŸ’₯ Remembering what we have prayed and going in the way of faith in God.


Pam Padgett was diagnosed with aggressive bladder cancer in September, 2022.

We were very shocked!

Of all the people I know, Pam lives one of the "straightest" lives in God that I have ever seen.  She seeks God continually and tries to go as she believes God shows her.  She lives in truth and speaks truth even on the smallest detail.

Recently when I wrote that she had been required to have 5 chemo treatments followed by surgical removal of her bladder, Pam corrected me and said, "It was 4 chemo treatments."  This shows her way of truth even on what seems the smallest detail!

*****

I've never seen her take advantage of anyone.

Often I've mentioned to her to give a worker extra money for the job done for us and she has already done that, giving extra above the agreed wage for the job.  "Going the extra mile."

I've never seen her sound a trumpet before her but she just quietly goes about her business and before you know it, she has done her job!

When there is a problem, she prays.  Often I only learn of the problem after she has already prayed!  She settles the problem with God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 1982, God gave Pam a dream.  "Pam was shown I, Joan Boney, was her supervisor as we worked in a restaurant." 

We work together getting spiritual food out to the body of Christ:  blog, books, Podcasts

During this 8 month battle with cancer, one scripture was strongly brought to my attention.

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

I see Pam as a "gift of God" to the ministry of the Word of God.  Pam's technical skills set up the blog on internet, and allow me to publish ministry books on Amazon, and allow us to produce Podcasts.

2/3's of the ministry would not be possible without Pam's skills or the skills of someone like Pam.

Also Pam was assigned by God to care for me personally and help me as I live on this earth.

I just kept saying to God, "YOU gave Pam to this ministry and you put me here in her home to live.  I don't believe this will be taken away through this disease.  With YOU there is "no shadow of turning."  

This disease was totally incompatible with what I was reading in the Bible.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

During the months of cancer treatment, the devil would send thoughts to me trying to make me plan for another life, but I would not entertain these thoughts sent by devil because the Bible was telling me there is "no variableness, neither shadow of turning" with God.

That one scripture was really all I could think of during this period of trial.

Pam did not have bladder removed, but had chemo/radiation treatments from December 2022 to mid-January 2023.

Then she had 2 medical procedures in April 2023 to see the results of the treatments.

There was no cancer in Pam's body.  It simply vanished!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Faith refuses to believe opposite from that which God tells us and simply holds onto that which God has said to us.

We continually speak words compatible with what God said about the matter at hand.  And our actions during the trial show our faith in the word God has given us.

We know by scriptures, that if it is God's will, it will be done when we pray.

I John 5

14 And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

15 And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

I really did not pray for Pam to be healed.  I just kept focused on the fact that this disease was incompatible with what I read in the Bible and what I knew to be God's plan and HIS will, so it could not happen.  She was set here by God for a job and nothing would stop God's plan.

In April, 2023, the 2 tests by the medical people showed no sign of cancer in Pam.  It was simply not there.  The cancer was gone!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 2018, I fell at my house in Texas where I was living alone.  

As I tried to crawl to the phone, it was just too painful.  I would try but then stop because the pain was so great.  If I didn't get to a phone to call for help, I could die.  No one was due to come to my house until the following Monday.

Then I had a word from God by HIS Spirit and that made the impossible possible.

God said to me, "You can do this."

With that word, I began to crawl.  It took me 4-1/2 hours to reach the phone but I did get there.  I pulled on the phone cord from under the table and the phone receiver shot out across the room and I never saw that receiver again!  But there was a Kindle tablet sitting under that table and it was charging.  If I could get an email out, I felt I could get help.  I managed to send email to our church group which was scattered across the USA in following states:  Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, Houston Texas, Lubbock Texas where I was living, Colorado, and Washington state.

I could barely see to write the email:  I said something like, "fallen ... help ... send ambulance"

A little later, I heard my phone ring and I felt someone had gotten my message and was calling me but I could not get to phone.

Shortly after this, I heard someone trying to open my front door and I relaxed knowing help had arrived.

One of our church members, Pam Padgett, who lives in Colorado, got my email at approximately 7 a.m.  She could not call 911 from another state, so she called the police department in Lubbock, Texas, where I lived and asked them to send ambulance to my house.

As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of that house to take me to the hospital, I heard another word from God by HIS spirit:  "You'll never see this house again."

John 16:13  Jesus says:  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear, that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

From the hospital, I called a realtor and put the Texas house up for-sale.

That was in early December, 2018.

The house did not sell.  It sat empty in Lubbock, Texas for 1-1/2 years.  I was then living in Colorado.  I just kept saying this to God, when I began to be fearful ... "YOU told me I would never see this house again so I know this Texas house will sell."

It sold in May, 2020.

No matter what it looks like, we just keep holding onto the Word that has come to us from God.  And when we speak during the trial, we speak what God has said about the matter.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

During these trials, there were times the devil would bring me thoughts trying to get me to plan to go another way, but I refused to do that because to do that would deny the Word God had spoken to me about the issue.

I Peter 5:8-9  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith,


The faith is that which God has spoken to you about the situation.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When we believe it is God speaking to us, we continue in that Word HE has spoken, doing that which is compatible with that word which we hear from God.

Now, after these matters fit God's word on these issues, I find myself saying, "Thank YOU that the cancer is gone from Pam."  Many times since April 2023, I've said this to God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 16

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

(The gates of hell will not stand against that Word given to us by God in the issue at hand.)

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (that word revealed by God) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯