Thursday, May 11, 2023

πŸ’₯ If sinners entice thee, consent thou not. Walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path. (Proverbs 1:10;15)

 
In 1975, when I was born again, I saw the following concerning Abraham.

Genesis 14:21-23  And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22-23 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

After I read this scripture, in 1975, I said to God:  "That's the way I want to live.  I want my provision to come from YOU.  I don't want them to say they are the reason I'm doing well.  I want God to be my wealth."  And I've kept that way since that time.  And there has been no "want" in my life.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And I thought of this instruction from Proverbs 1.

2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

10  My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The apostle Paul says:  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  (Phil. 4:19) moo

Surely none of us would want to exchange God's provision for our own ability.

The wisdom of God is:  

My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
Walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:  (Proverbs 1)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯