Tuesday, May 23, 2023

πŸ’₯ Proverbs 3:9-10


9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

(Comments by Joan Boney)

To me, this means:  "Every time God shows me something, I share that information with the church."

Nothing of God is left unsaid.  

The apostle Paul said this to the elders at Ephesus:

Acts 20

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A minister of Jesus has a right to live off the gospel.

I Corinthians 9:13-14  Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?

14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Paul chose to earn his living as a tent maker.

When I began to receive USA Social Security monthly checks, I stopped taking a monthly salary from the ministry.  I found I was able to pay for my personal needs by those Social Security checks.

But I do hold myself accountable to the church to share all the counsel of God.

And I am very careful to share all that I believe to be from God with the church.  And several times the Holy Spirit has shown me that I "tithe" all my salary, not taking a due salary from the ministry.  And God has provided all my need and abundantly above all my need.

Ephesians 3:20  Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

"The power that works in us", is the Holy Spirit who teaches us all things, reminds us of all that Jesus, The Word, has said to us, guides us into all truth, and shows us things to come.  (Jn 14:26 & Jn. 16:13)

The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want.

There is no want or need in my life today because HE shows me what to do and I follow HIM.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯