Wednesday, May 17, 2023

πŸ’₯ Avoid strife.

 
It is honor to walk away from strife. (and to live in peace)

Recently I received a phone call from a woman at Abilene Christian University.  

Pam answered the phone and told me this woman wanted to talk with me.  I thought the woman was at our house but she was on the phone.  I told Pam to bring me the phone but by the time Pam had brought the phone into my room, the woman had hung up.

Then I realized this would have led me into strife and it was good to be spared this.

It was obvious this woman was one of the fund raisers wanting to tell me of "new plans" for the college.  (and for me to help pay for these plans)

I had heard from one of my neighbors that this college now supports homosexuals and lesbians.  When the subject was raised Pam checked on Internet and found that was likely true.  I just could not believe they would do this and turn aside scripture in the New Testament Bible. 

(Yet it should have been obvious to me that they would turn from scripture for I know they have many scriptures they explain away.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Concerning homosexual & lesbians, the Bible says:

Romans 1

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified HIM not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

This thought came into my mind:  "If you spoke with this woman you could ask her if it is true that ACU now supports homosexuals and lesbians."  

(For a second I was excited in the idea of doing this, then I knew it would only lead me into more needless strife and then I recognized it was a devil who brought this thought to my mind to lead me away from God and into strife.)

And the Holy Spirit reminded me of a verse from Proverbs.

Proverbs 19:11  The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

It is not that we approve them and the transgression.  We just refuse to be engulfed in the transgression and perhaps sin ourselves by striving with them and debating them in the issue.

They have already left the right way of the scriptures on the subject and have gone in a way that seems to reward them by bringing them additional students and more money. They deliberately chose their path of leaving scripture and the truth to obtain perceived gain.  They will not be turned to the way of God. But they could destroy me by getting me to debate them.

Devils want to steal, kill, and destroy us.  They bring us ideas saying this would be a good thing to do when actually God wants us to live in peace and stay away from the apostasy, from those who knew the truth but chose to leave truth of the scriptures and go another way.

I told Pam if they try to call again, just don't answer the phone.

Avoid strife when you see they have already chosen another way after they knew the truth of scriptures for this is the apostasy.  Just leave them alone.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯