Sunday, May 14, 2023

Podcast: God changes our heart and spirit so we can be able to follow HIM

 

 
The New Testament church are those who have been born again by God, changed by God, given a new heart and a new spirit.  

It is impossible to follow God by your own will power or by your own thinking.

I Corinthians 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You must have the actual spirit of God in you to direct your heart to truth and to that which is godly.

I know I can do nothing of God by my own mind.  I call on God and HE shows me what to do and what to say.

It is like Jesus who said HE could of HIS own self do nothing.

John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Therefore Jesus says:  Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  (John 3:3)

(If you are not born again, turn to God and ask HIM to please cause you to be born again.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God told the prophet Ezekiel that HE would give man HIS heart and HIS spirit to enable man to follow HIM.

Exekiel 36  God says:

23 And I will sanctify MY great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put MY spirit within you, and cause you to walk in MY statutes, and ye shall keep MY judgments, and do them.

This is the New Testament Church.

God speaks to us and we follow HIM.

God changes us from the man who is born of the flesh of man.

After God speaks, we are born of HIS Spirit.

But we are changed!  Everything is different.  All things are then new.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

God gives us HIS Spirit adding us to the church.

The children of the devil are also planted in the congregation of the righteous by the devil but though they sit among the church, they are not the church.

Romans 8

11 But if the Spirit of HIM that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, HE that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by HIS Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯