Friday, May 26, 2023

Podcast: Faith without works is dead

 

 
James 2

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16  And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23  And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I attended "Word of Faith Church" in the Dallas area from approximately 1978 through 1982.

One day the teacher of our Bible class said, "We talk about faith but Joan Boney lives faith."

When we hear a word from God, we must do that word.  We have faith in the word of God when we do the instructions given by that Word of God.

Examples:

πŸ’₯  2018:  I fell at my house in Texas where I lived alone.  I was badly injured.  As I tried to crawl to the area where I could call for help, the pain was so great I just couldn't crawl.  No one was due to come to my house until the following Monday.  If I just laid there I knew I would probably die on that floor.  I heard a word from God.  "You can do this!"  Because I believed that Word, I made myself begin to crawl.  It took 4 1/2 hours to inch myself approximately 8 ft. but that Word kept me going.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ (the Word) which strengtheneth me.

πŸ’₯  When the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house in Texas, I heard a word from God.  "You'll never see this house again."

I put the house up for-sale while I was in hospital.

One of our church group said, "I don't see how you can do this."

I replied:  "God has given me a Word saying, 'You'll never see this house again.' "

(To me, when God has spoken, it is over, done, even before it happens.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Our actions in the events of this life come as a result of believing that word that we believe to be from God.

Because we believe that Word we act upon that Word.

Faith without works is dead.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯