Tuesday, May 9, 2023

πŸ’₯ God assigned Pam Pagett to help me. After that, in 2022, Pam was diagnosed with cancer. What then?


James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God arranged Pam Padgett to become a computer programmer with Fed Ex in the late l980's.  

God arranged for her to take classes in a college to prepare for the work she would do on computers.

In a dream in approximately 1982, God said to Pam, "Joan Boney is your supervisor."  (Serving food in a restaurant.)

In 2012 God showed me in a dream to begin publishing a blog.  I asked Pam to set up the blog on Internet which she did and we began publishing the blog on approximately March 28, 2012. Pam had retired from Fed Ex one month prior to my hearing to start a blog so she had plenty of time to do the work of this ministry!

When I began writing books on Amazon in 2015, Pam did all the technical work required by Amazon to publish.

When God showed me to begin Podcast in February, 2020, Pam set up the technical work and arranged for a Podcast Host whereby Podcasts would be sent all over the world.  Pam found the type of microphone and recording equipment we would need to publish Podcasts.

When I fell at my house in Texas in 2018, where I lived alone, God arranged for me to move to Colorado where I would be cared for by Pam Padgett and live in the downstairs bedroom which she had just added to her house by converting a library room downstairs and turning the 1/2 bath into a full bath downstairs.  (This construction was finished in January 2019.  I moved into that new room in Colorado after leaving the hospital in Texas in February, 2019.  Without this downstairs addition, I would not have been able to live at Pam's house.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In September, 2022, Pam Padgett was diagnosed with a very aggressive bladder cancer where doctor said she must take several weeks of chemotherapy followed by surgically removing her bladder.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Do we really think God is going to set this up and then allow it to be taken away from us?

There is "no shadow of turning" with God.

I just didn't believe God would take this away from us, though it certainly seemed that it would be impossible to continue.

I could probably continue to publish on the blog, but I could not do the technical work to publish books on Amazon and I could not do the technical work which is required to publish the broadcasts on Podcast.

Basically 2/3rd of the ministry would be wiped out if Pam could not do the work!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Personally:  I am 85-years-old and cannot walk.  I can't even feed the animals.  (2 big dogs and 4 cats)
I can't get my own food.  I can't do my own laundry.  I can't take the dogs for walks.  I can't drive the car.  

How is this going to work?  I couldn't see it.

I just kept saying to God:  "I know there is no shadow of turning with YOU.  I know YOU will not give us this and then take it away from us."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I pictured putting an hospital bed in the fireplace area of Pam's house, which is a room next to my room.  I could check on Pam and call for help if needed.

I thought we might have to hire a registered nurse around the clock, especially after Pam returned home after surgery!

And how could we manage surgery in Denver, 50-miles away from where we live in Colorado Springs?

I arranged for a friend of mine, Betsy Blechel, to come to Colorado from Texas, and to stay with us during that time and help us.  But even with her help, it seemed impossible to me.  It is difficult for me to even ride 50 miles in the car with someone else driving.  The doctor thought Pam would be in hospital in Denver 3 days after the surgery.

I realized we could get the doctor to prescribe ambulance to bring Pam home from hospital.  This idea caused me to relax a little.

If I moved to assisted living, what would we do concerning the 6 animals?

I presented all my concerns, one by one, to God!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Chemotherapy treatments began in Colorado Springs on Monday, October 17, 2022. 

Pam drove herself to a hospital which was about 10 miles from where we live.

I can't remember the reason but there were approximately 2 times Pam couldn't drive so I felt I needed to drive.  I have no driver's license.  I have never driven the "keyless entry car" which we have now.  Pam had to take me out in the car and teach me how to drive it.  

We have a new car, 2019, but when I drove it, I found it very difficult to keep that car on the road.  I had to fight the car.  My fear was considerable.

When she was able, Pam took the car to mechanic who reported something was bent under the car and the car was declared to be "undrivable" until it could be fixed.

Pam had an appointment with a physician assistant scheduled in Denver for the following Monday.

In the night, God sent the word "virtual meeting."

The next day, Pam was considering, "How are we going to get up to Denver for the medical appointment?"  

(Then Pam remembered the Word she had heard from God, "virtual meeting.") 

So Pam scheduled a virtual meeting on computer with the physician assistant who was in Denver.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The doctor in Denver had told Pam she would be dead in about 2 years unless she had the chemo/bladder surgery!

Pam began praying:  "God ... is there any other way to do this and avoid bladder removal."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A chemo pharmacist gave Pam a large number of pages telling about chemo and what to expect.  There were approximately 20 pages.  Pharmacist then handed one separate page to Pam and said something like here is another page you might want to read.

Pam read the 20 pages and then thought, "Oh, well ... I may as well read that extra page."

On that page, the following was printed:

"An approach using chemotherapy with radiation therapy may provide the same benefits as bladder removal."

(This turned out to be the answer to Pam's prayer, "Is there any other way other than surgical removal of bladder.")

One other person in our church group had been trained as a medical nurse when she was a young woman.  She said after reading about possible use of radiation therapy with chemo, she said:  "Now I have hope."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Pam began talking to God:

"Please help me when talking with the doctors about changing from chemo/surgery to chemo/radiation?"

God gave Pam a dream showing her the radiation oncologist's office where she was talking to doctor asking for this change and "a man" was sitting with Pam.  

(Pam felt this was a man from God helping her and supporing her as she made her request for the change of original plan.)

Of the 5 medical people, none felt Pam was an "ideal" candidate for the chemo/radiation.  But each of them agreed to make this change from bladder removal to chemo/radiation!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The type of chemo was changed after the 3rd treatment where they were planning to surgically remove the bladder ...  and the doctor prescribed chemo that fit with radiation.  

Those chemo/radiation treatments began in mid-December, 2022, extending though mid-January, 2023.

In April, Pam would be examined again to see the result of the chemo/radiation therapy.

God gave Pam a dream:  Doctors (or scientists) were looking at waste items in 2 plastic bags.  They were looking for disease.  There was no disease found in either of the 2 bags.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

At the first exam in April, 2023, the doctor just kept saying, "This looks great!"  as doctor scoped her bladder after chemo/radiation therapy.  He said that at least 3 times during the session.  There was no sign at all of cancer.  There was a little redness in one area of the bladder but doctor said no treatment was needed and he would just monitor that area.

Cat scan also showed "no disease"... the cancer was gone just as dream from God showed Pam.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

None of the things I imagined happened.  No special nurse.  No hospital bed in Pam's house.  She used her bedroom upstairs.  She continued to provide food for our 6 animals and myself.  She continued doing the work of the ministry even during the cancer treatments.

There was "no shadow of turning" in God's plan for Pam.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯