Saturday, February 10, 2018

When humans try to be as God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 2017, I had the flu.  I prayed concerning what to do.  Often things like this go away but this flu kept hanging on.

My cleaning lady insisted that I allow her to take me to a doctor.   But I am able to drive myself to a doctor if I choose to go to doctor.  She was very insistent but I declined and just kept telling her I am able to drive myself. 

Somehow she was very determined on this matter and kept insisting ... and I kept declining to the point that she finally gave up.

I just kept praying. 

At one point when I felt particularly bad I was reminded of aspirin and I took 2 and did feel better but I did not get well.

The third week, I had the thought to call doctor and ask doctor if she would call prescription into pharmacy.  I didn't think I was going to hear from her but her nurse called 2nd day and said doctor wanted to see me before she decided on medicine so I went in that same afternoon and she prescribed something.

During this time, I told our church group what was going on.  I knew some of them might be led to pray.  

One man in the group told me I needed to inhale a type of dried herb.  (I think he owns a health food type store.)  I told him I wasn't able to get out at that point to hunt this.  He sent me a jar along with something called Silver Water which was to be added to water.

(I did try to inhale the substance but my tongue began to swell immediately when I did this.  I have that reaction when I can't take a chemical.  So I no longer did that.)

A few days later this man told me to get in tub of water and soak in Epson salts.

I told him due to accident where I broke hip, I can't get in tub. 

(I thought by telling him this he might consider his instruction was not from God.  But he never seemed to think of God.  He just went by worldly wisdom and what he seemed to have learned from the world.)

Then he sent me another email and told me to soak my feet in Epson salts.

At that point, I took stronger action with him. 

I told him I did not want to do anything.  I told him I did not like focusing on the human body.  I warned him about the danger of having knowledge from humans and failing to seek wisdom that is from God.  

The problem I had in all this is he never mentioned God.  He didn't mention prayer.  It was as if he thought he knew what I was to do without seeking God.  

Often people do this when they accumulate worldly knowledge on a subject and when they strongly think they have the answer from their worldly knowledge.

But to do this is to try to take the place of God.

As I dealt with this problem through prayer, I was reminded of the following scripture:

I Corinthians 8:2  And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

*****


At one point, when my cleaning woman began telling me what I should do.

I said to her:  Is this what God has told you HE wants me to do?

It was as if she ran into a brick wall.

God had never occurred to her.

*****

When people take over this way and begin telling us what we should do they try to be god.

They see themselves wise in their own eyes.

Usually I try to show them what they are doing in hopes that they will see and repent.


***** 


A woman at the Bridge Center, where I once played bridge, was very prone to being god as she told you what the solution to the problem was and what you should do about the problem.

There was no thought nor mention of God and she did not respect your right to turn to God with the matter at hand.

She did this to many people.  And she always thought she had the answer. 

Finally I got to the point I couldn't be around this woman.


*****


Proverbs 3:5-7   Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.


*****


I want to turn to God and follow God.

That always works.

I want God to be my God ... I don't want the opinion of humans to be my god.

This can be a really big problem, for humans often think they know the way we should go and very unpleasant things happen as a result.

But I know God has the way to go and I want to go that way.

So in every thing that concerns me, I turn to God with faith that HE will show me what to do, and also with knowledge that God knows the truth in every situation that can happen.



*****