Sunday, February 18, 2018

Trained by God to speak the Word of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

After I was born again, God began speaking to me, teaching me what to speak when I spoke.

First, God took me to the following scripture:

John 5:19    Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

I saw immediately that Jesus, though HE was the Son of God, could do nothing of Himself.

Jesus heard from God the Father and did and spoke that which God gave Him to do and to speak.

I saw we are to do the same thing, speaking that which God gives us by HIS Spirit.


*****

Then God took me to I Corinthians 2 and showed me how Paul spoke not of himself nor his own thinking but Paul spoke that which was from the Spirit of God.

I Corinthians 2:1-5    And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.


When we are led by the Spirit of God and speak that which God leads us to speak there is a power of God to accomplish that which God wants to do.

After I was born again in 1975, I was enroute to Albuquerque, NM (USA) to purchase merchandise for the shop I owned at that time.

As the plane began to land, I heard:  "Be baptized."

My cousin was meeting me at air port and I told her if she could set it up at church I would be baptized that afternoon before returning to Dallas.

My cousin said:  "But you've already been baptized."

I replied:  "Yes ... but I wasn't born again then."

My cousin didn't understand but she did set it up for me to be baptized that afternoon.

Several of my relatives gathered to witness this baptism.

The minister invited me to speak to the group before I was baptized.

I just began speaking by the Holy Spirit, telling about being born again.

My uncle who was sitting in the group began crying.

After the baptism, he said to me:  "I've never before heard anything like that which you spoke.  Could you write that out and send it to me?"

I told him I thought I could.

I did write it and send it to him.

I believe my uncle was born again that afternoon as I spoke that which was given me by the Holy Spirit.

*   And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

When the Holy Spirit speaks through us, there is a power.

My mother had read horoscope books all her life.

I had given her a set of zodiac mugs before I was born again.

After I was born again and was visiting her, I opened the kitchen cabinet and saw those mugs.

I got a garbage bag and began putting the mugs into the garbage bag.

My mother saw what I was doing and began objecting saying:  "You gave me those mugs.  I want to keep them."

I didn't say a word.  I just kept putting those mugs into the garbage bag.

Then I took them into alley and broke the mugs and threw them into the dumpster.

When I got into the house, I took Bible and read Deuteronomy 18 to my mother.


When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD:

My mother listened as I read these scriptures to her.  

Then she was silent for a few seconds before speaking.

Then she said:  "Then I guess we'd better not do that any more."

I believe she was born again when she agreed with the scripture.  And she was changed immediately.  My uncle wrote to me and said, "Your mother has changed.  She has really changed."  

Being born again causes change.

When we speak by the Spirit of God there is a power of God.

*   And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:



*****

God taught me:  Don't speak cleverly devised things from wisdom of man.  Speak that which God gives you.

God taught me the ways to identify the thoughts that are from the Spirit of God vs. those thoughts that are from your own flesh.

God tried me and tested me to see if I would follow HIM.

All this was done before God put me on radio to exhort the church.

I was always shocked when humans rose up against me, thinking I was just speaking my own opinion.

Now I realize when humans do this they are accustomed to following their own minds and it never occurs to them that you are "an oracle of God" speaking what God shows you to speak.


I Peter 4:11    If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


*****

Jesus said:

John 7:18    He that speaketh of himself (of his own ideas by his own wisdom) seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh His glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.


*****


In 1982, God gave me judgment type messages to speak.  I spoke these on radio coast to coast.  Many church people hated these message.

In Seattle, the radio station manager was waiting for me outside the door where I had scheduled a meeting for the radio audience.

George, who was usually very friendly toward me, was not friendly this time.

He said:  "Joan, you have many good messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you keep speaking these judgment messages, I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air."

I responded instantly without any thought whatsoever:

"  George ... if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message, and I may as well be put off the air."

The amazing thing is this station manager never dreamed that which a minister spoke was a message from God, otherwise he would not have judged one message as "good" and another as "bad".


*****

When you are a minister called by God and set in the body of Christ for the work appointed you by God and trained for the ministry by God, the message you speak is as if God Himself is speaking.

I Peter 4:10-11     As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 


*****

Pam Padgett was attending a non-denomination church where they were approving divorce & remarriage contrary to Bible and doctrine of Christ in the Holy Scripture.

One day, while she was sitting in that church, God said to her:  "What are you doing here?  I told you to get out, now get out."

Pam was shocked.

Later she prayed, "God ... when did YOU tell me to get out of that church?"

She was then reminded of the messages I had been speaking saying to leave those churches when you see them doing things contrary to scripture.

When Pam told me this, I saw immediately.  When we, who are called of God, speak the message given us by the Spirit of God it is the same thing as God HIMSELF speaking.


*****