Saturday, February 24, 2018

God helps us as we live on this earth


Barbara Preston ... Member of Body of Christ

In April 2007, my husband and I put our house in Texas up for sale because he was retiring and we were going to move to Virginia.

From the time we put it on the market and probably even before, God had put in my heart that we needed to sell quickly because something was coming in the economy that was going to be very bad.

I knew we needed to get it sold before the “curtain fell.”

Because of this warning, I had been urging my husband that we needed to sell as soon as possible.

One day about 2 months after we put it up for sale, our realtor in Texas called us saying there was a family seriously interested in making an offer. There was a little negotiating back and forth and these people did end up making an offer.

After we got off the phone with the realtor, my husband said he wanted to “think about it” before he accepted it.

I then went upstairs to read the Bible. As I was reading, I came to the following verse which stood out to me and I knew it had to do with selling the house…

Proverbs 15:27     He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house;


I went back downstairs, took my Bible and read this verse to my husband and told him God was warning us that we would bring trouble on ourselves if we tried to hold out for more money instead of accepting this offer.

Thankfully, he agreed to sell.

The closing was around the middle of July 2007.

Housing prices started crashing in 2008 and for a number of years after 2008.

I can only imagine what it would have been like for us if we had not sold this house when God told us to. 

God really did get us out just before the curtain fell.


*****

John 16:13    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


*****