Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Knowledge puffs up


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


When we, of the knowledge we have learned by this world and by our own thinking, think we know something, there is a danger for us.

Paul explains:


I Corinthians 8:1-2    Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

*****

Instead of seeking wisdom of ourselves, of our own mind, we need to control ourselves and seek the wisdom that comes from God only which is freely available to each of us who believe.

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


*****


Recently a woman began telling me what I should do.

I said to her:  "Are you telling me this is the will of God for me?"

It was like she ran into a brick wall.  She had not, to that point, considered the will of God for me and she was speaking her own wisdom for me as she viewed it without thinking of God.


*****

I Corinthians 1:19-20    For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

25    Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

31   He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.


*****


When we tell something of our own thinking, we glory in ourselves.

But when we tell what God has shown us, we glory in God.


*****