Thursday, February 22, 2018

Psalm 73:24


Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.


*****

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

By the Holy Spirit, God continually brings us counsel in the form of thoughts which HE brings to our minds.

4- things the Holy Spirit does for the believer:

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

- He teaches us all things.
- He reminds us of that which Jesus has said to us.
- He guides us into all truth.
- He shows us things to come.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, speaking only truth from God.

The Holy Spirit is the comforter.


*****

I have often been comforted by the Holy Spirit to be kept from depressing situations of this life.

Once a friend sent me a Birthday Card with a note telling all she and husband, daughter, grandson had been doing and also telling of all their plans for the upcoming Christmas holiday.

As I read her note, I heard:  "You are dead and your life is hid in Christ."

I cried out, "That's right!"

I have no husband nor children nor grandchildren but I belong to God and have everything though nothing.

Colossians 3:1-4    If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.


*****

A man in our little church group was considering building a storage building to hold all his stuff.  As he thought on this, the Holy Spirit said to him, "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?"

Wisdom from God.


*****

*  Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel,


*****