Friday, February 23, 2018

Glorifying God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There have been many times God has brought a thought to my mind showing me what to do and I have done what I heard to do and in speaking of what I have done have told that "God" showed me to do this thing.

When we tell what we have done and tell that God showed us to do that, we bring glory to God.

If we tell what we have done and do not share that God has told us to do that we glorify ourselves by telling what we did.

The people of this world will not like it when you tell them God showed you to do that.  But when we believe it was God who showed us, we must tell this when we tell the story, for we give glory to God when we tell of HIS works.


*****

When my cat died, I was not going to get another cat.  (my own wisdom)

My thinking was I was too old to get another cat for the cat would probably outlive me and then who would take care of the cat.

But the night Samantha died, I was in terrible condition.  I was praying, asking God for help.

I heard (in form of thought):

"Get on internet and buy a Siamese cat."

I did just exactly that.  The next day, a Saturday, I checked Internet for Siamese cat breeders.  I found one I liked.  She said:  "I can get a Siamese kitten to you by Wednesday."

I was so excited over the thought of getting a new kitten by that coming Wednesday.  I sent her a check immediately.

I was still playing bridge at that time.  A man from the Bridge Center heard that I had bought a Siamese cat.  He proudly said,  "I could have given her one of the stray cats in my alley for free," making fun of my foolishness in buying a cat.

But all I was doing was God's plan for me.  God knew what I needed and HE changed my plan to fit my need.

When I tell this story, I always tell that God showed me to do this after I asked HIM to help me.


*****

A few years ago, I was driving down the street.  While stopped at the signal light, a pickup carrying a load of firewood pulled up along side of my car.  As I sat there looking at the firewood, I was thinking how much I would enjoy having a wood burning fireplace.  (my fireplace was gas logs)

Immediately the thought came:

"You can have this."

I had never considered switching from gas to wood burning prior to that thought.

I began immediately with the project of changing to wood burning.

A woman from Bridge Center learned of this and she began saying what a good idea this was.

I explained to her that it was God who brought that idea to me.

Once I heard her telling another woman what I had done, praising me for doing this.  I spoke up and said:  "But it wasn't my idea.  God brought this idea to my mind and I just did what I heard."


*****

I once made a mistake in purchasing a TV.  The picture had streaks going up and down the screen.  The man who sold me the TV said he would fix it by calibrating the picture.  (plasma TV)  But he never sent anyone over.  I could not get it fixed.  I struggled with it for a year and tried to make adjustments by using the remote control settings but I could never clear up the picture.  It was a very expensive TV.

One day, I was watching it and trying to adjust the picture and I heard (in form of thought) the following.

"You don't have to put up with that."

I had never considered getting rid of the TV and buying another TV until that moment.  But I had sufficient cash in my checking account to do this without problem.

I went immediately to select another TV.

Later when a woman saw what I had done, she marveled at the solution.

I told her God gave me the idea to change the set.  I told her exactly what God said to me.

She didn't want to hear that.  She likes to praise the human.

But I would not tell about this TV without telling what I heard from God.

It glorifies God when we tell what HE has done for us.  But often it also makes the unbeliever think ill of us when we explain God gave us the plan.  Regardless, I always tell it was God's plan for me.


*****

Jesus said:

John 7:18    He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh HIS glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.




*****