Monday, February 19, 2018

Being established by God in the way we are to go as we live on this earth.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The first step for us in any plan we might have on this earth is prayer, asking God to show us if this is what to do ... asking God to stop us if we should not do this ... asking God to show us how to execute the plan ... asking God for wisdom.

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.



Also I tell our church group when I am about to do something.  I know God might give some in the group an heart to pray.  And if anyone in the group has a word for me, this gives the person opportunity to exercise that word.

(If you attend a big church, you might not want to do this.  We only have 7 in our group and we have been together for more than 30 years.  You might tell a small Sunday school class or one or two individuals that you consider godly.)

Proverbs 11:14   Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

The apostle Paul said:

II Corinthians 13:1  This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.



*****

In  1975, as a new Christian, I was faced with a very serious problem concerning the business that I owned at that time.

Having a respect for the ministry offices  (apostle/prophet/evangelist/pastor/teacher), I made an appointment with the pastor at church.  As I drove to the appointment, I prayed for God to give pastor HIS wisdom.  I told pastor what was happening and what I planned to do.  Pastor responded:  "Joan ... I believe you have faith to do this this way."

Also during that trial of life, God gave me many scriptures which counselled me.

I had a multitude of counselors to sustain me and to confirm to me the way I should go.  It was successful.


*****

When I attended Word of Faith church group, a man secretly married.

A mature woman in the church said he did this the wrong way.  She said he should have brought this woman to church with him and allowed the church to witness to this relationship.  She then said, "But he made his bed now he must lie in it."

Within about 6 weeks they separated.  Before the year was over, they divorced.


*****

In 2017, I was facing eye surgery.  I told our little church group what was planned.  I knew God might raise up some within the group to pray for me.  I even shared the surgeon's medical resume with the group.

It was very helpful to me when 3 members of the group shared that they had this type of eye surgery and it was very successful and there was no pain at all.

I did have the 2 surgeries at the end of summer and it worked out very well.


*****

One day I was entering Walmart and met a woman from our neighborhood.  She was trying to sell her house.  She said, "Please pray that my house sells."

I was troubled about this.  I didn't know if she was supposed to move.

I did not pray.

Had this woman just said, "I'm trying to sell my house.  I hope it will sell quickly." This would have been in order.  Then if God led me to pray, I could pray as I was led by God.

When people try to force me to pray, and even tell me what to pray, I always wonder if they don't have faith that they can pray.

Philippians 4:6    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

If we see someone we believe to be godly, and we simply share what we are going though, the door is opened for that godly person to pray as God wills, and even bring counsel if led by God.

I certainly take opportunity for this type of help and confirmation from godly people!


*****