Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rejoicing in God and what HE has created

Pam Padgettteacher

A few days ago one of my dogs was in the back yard barking excitedly.  I looked and saw ten deer in the open area behind my neighbor's house.  I had seen groups of deer like this last fall, but haven't seen them throughout the winter.  The deer all looked healthy, and there were even young (smaller) deer in the group.  They were all grazing, calmly eating vegetation. 

A short time later I saw a fox, also looking healthy with a very bushy tail, hunting for its food.  (There is an abundance of food for fox in this area.) 

Seeing these deer and fox caused me to think about God and how wonderfully HE created all things.  These animals are created in such a way that they can survive, and even thrive during the cold, snowy winter here.  Even when we don't see nor think about these wild animals, God provides what they need.

And seeing the deer and fox get their food reminded me that when God created all things, HE provided even the food needed by the animals.

Psalm 147:7 Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth,
who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
9 He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.