Sunday, April 26, 2015

Psalm 84 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!
 

2 My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord:
my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
 

3 Yea, the sparrow hath found an house,
and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young,
even thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God.
 

4 Blessed are they that dwell in thy house:
they will be still praising thee. Selah.
 

5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee;
in whose heart are the ways of them
(HIM).
 

6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well;
the rain also filleth the pools.
 

7 They go from strength to strength,
every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
 

8 O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer:
give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9 Behold, O God our shield,
and look upon the face of thine anointed.
 

10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.
I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God,
than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
 

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield:
the Lord will give grace and glory:
no good
will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
 

12 O Lord of hosts,
blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.



Comments by Joan Boney

5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee;

7 They go from strength to strength,  

The problems of this life are used by God to conform us to HIS image making us fit for HIM.