Monday, April 6, 2015

Handling the Word of God correctly

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

As I begin to open the Bible (or blog), I find I am praying the same thing each time I open the Bible or look at scripture on blog ...  "Oh God, help me to read this."

I know I need the wisdom from God to see the Word God would speak to me as I read.  I know I need God's wisdom when I read scripture.  To read it with your own understanding could misinterpret scripture.  I want God to open my eyes and explain scripture to me, so I pray.

When I was a new Christian, I wrote the following words above each chapter of the entire Bible:

    "Pray for wisdom"

I have a very strong fear of handling scripture.  I know there is penalty for handling the Word of God incorrectly.  I am fearful as I approach reading the scriptures.  So I pray before I read.

And the following scripture gives me the foundation and faith to believe that when I do pray for wisdom, God will give me wisdom.

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

==========

In reading blog ...



God says to us the following instruction:

Hebrews 10 ... 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another:and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

(exhort means ... to urge earnestly by advice and warning)

As we draw nearer the end, nearer the return of Jesus, things will get significantly worse.

Paul says ... II Tim. 3 ... 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth:men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

These are people in the churches for they will have "a form of godliness" ... they will run about "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" ... It is very difficult to see church people like this and Jesus says ... Mt. 24 ... 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved... 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved:but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

As we move closer to that time, we are supposed to exhort (warn with godly warnings and godly examples) one another even more.

God has been greatly increasing the daily writings.  It is often good to divide these writings and do part in morning, part in afternoon, part in evening as you go to bed.

That plan also helps to keep the word of God before us day and night as it says to do in the following scripture.

Joshua 1 ... 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 9 Have not I commanded thee?

The writings in the blog and the many scriptures will help us in the great power of God and we will really need that to be sustained daily toward the return of Jesus.