Thursday, April 30, 2015

Overcoming in all things through faith in God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Jn. 4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world:and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

- believing God will help us
- believing God will show us what to do
- believing what God says to us

Two or three years ago, I was eating a bagel and I heard a very loud pop.  It was a tooth.  I looked and couldn't see anything and didn't feel any pain.  I go to dentist every 6 months and dentist has never noticed anything unusual (though they didn't x-ray and I didn't tell them about this).

Recently I had begun thinking that maybe I would tell dentist.  I had begun feeling the tooth and when water hit it, sometimes there would be pain.  And it got to point I couldn't put any pressure at all on tooth and it had begun to fall backward into my mouth.

I began praying... should I tell dentist ... give me courage if I need to tell dentist ... I felt more inclined to tell dentist when I went for tooth cleaning this month.

Also I began feeling that the solution was to pull that tooth.  It is located at the center of my front bottom teeth.

When I showed it to dentist, he gave me some options:

- They could pull the tooth and do some cosmetic work around area to fill in place the tooth had been.
- I could do nothing  and continue to live around the problem
- They could pull the tooth and do braces to fill in the place

I asked him what he would do if it were his tooth.  He said he would pull the tooth and do the cosmetic work after the area healed.  He warned me that they would have to let soreness leave before they could do the cosmetic work and I would be without a tooth for about a week.  I told him that was fine, just me and cat here.

I rejoiced that God helped me.

I had prayed that I would know exactly what to do, and even before going to dentist and hearing options I knew what to do even though I know nothing about dental work.  And when dentist gave options the first option dentist gave was exactly what I thought would be right thing to do.

That is so comforting in making these decisions.

When dentist explained procedure he mentioned possibility of affecting nerves of two surrounding teeth.  This frightened me.  So I prayed that this would not happen.  (For us the answer to all things is prayer.  We cannot afford to try not to think about what was said.  We must take spiritual action.)

Phil. 4 ...  6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I also prayed that the procedure would go quickly and that it would be smooth and that it wouldn't hurt me.  And I prayed that between now and the time the procedure is done a week from now that I wouldn't think about what was coming.  And I prayed that doctors hands would be guided by God. And I prayed that God would show me what to eat before I go to dentist because the appointment is at 3:30 in afternoon and I might not be able to eat that evening.

... in every thing by prayer and supplication ...

I'm 77 years old ... I really think God put this in my heart to do this dental work.  That also makes me think I won't be dying anytime soon and that fits with my prayers for I want to do this work that I am currently doing in putting OT on Internet.

If I was going to die soon, I wouldn't need the dental work.  But if I live another 5 or 10 years, I think I would need this dental work.