Saturday, April 4, 2015

Psalm 62 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God:
from HIM cometh my salvation.

 

2 He only is my rock and my salvation;
HE is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
 

3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man?
ye shall be slain all of you:
as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.
4 They only consult to cast him down from his excellency:
they delight in lies:
they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
 

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God;
for my expectation is from Him.
 

6 He only is my rock and my salvation:
He is my defence; I shall not be moved.
 

7 In God is my salvation and my glory:
the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
 

8 Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him:
God is a refuge for us. Selah.
 

9 Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie:
to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.
 

10 Trust not in oppression,
and become not vain in robbery:
if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
 

11 God hath spoken once;
twice have I heard this;
that power belongeth unto God.
 

12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy:
for thou renderest to every man according to his work.


==========

 6 He only is my rock and my salvation:

God only ... no other ... The God of Abraham who created heaven and earth ... God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, The Word.