Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Strife

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Strife can open doors for much unnecessary trouble.  Often when we reflect on why we were so troubled about something and began to strive we find we failed to pray, as Pam reported concerning failing to pray over her concern over the exposed cable line at her house ... and sometimes we find a seed of strife was planted by another person and the root rose up in us and bore fruit.

An example:  Recently my law mowing service used a weed-eater rather than edger at the concrete/grass areas.  I told them not to do this.  But in my heart, I was upset with them and continued to be upset that a so-called "professional" lawn service would do this.  As I thought on this, I realized the reason I felt this way was because of a woman who strove with many people had told me weed-eaters would cause the grass to turn yellow at the concrete areas. 

I Cor. 15 ...  33 Be not deceived:evil communications corrupt good manners. 34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God:I speak this to your shame.

After this strifeful woman told me this, I began watching to see what was happening to my yard when they mowed.  I did not pray about this.  I just took over in the flesh though I do not want to supervise lawn service. 

I repent.

Strife is very bad, even when it seems we are right.  

One thing that often helps us to avoid strife is to understand this world is only temporary.  Sometimes we act as if it is permanent.

Jesus said ... My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.  Jn. 18:36

Heb. 13 ... 14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

If we start correcting the world and trying to straighten them out according to our thinking we really take on a tough road.  It is so easy to slip into this and until we come to our senses, things can really get in a mess.

II Tim. 2 ... 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
 

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 

22 Flee also youthful lusts:but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

==========

Recently I was watching TV and a caption came on bottom of screen saying they had just brought in a guilty verdict for Boston Bomber.  I was turning to TV news to see this story but why am I doing this, I questioned myself?  What good will that do?  I stopped myself and went another way.  Why involve myself needlessly with this world and it's many judgments?  Most of the judgments rendered by the people of this world grieve me anyway.  So why put myself through such needlessly?

Jesus' kingdom is not of this world ... and neither is my kingdom of this world.

Like the people of faith in God who have gone before us we look for a new heavens and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness ... II Peter 3 ... 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

"in peace" ...

- free from disturbance, turmoil
- not contentious or quarrelsome
- untroubled

Jesus said ...  33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation:but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  Jn. 16:33

Jesus (The Word) has overcome the world ...  Therefore as we turn to HIM in prayer for help and guidance, that word which HE would bring to our minds will also overcome the world in times when we would strive.