Thursday, April 9, 2015

Psalm 67 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us;
and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.
 

2 That Thy way may be known upon earth,
thy saving health among all nations.
 

3 Let the people praise thee, O God;
let all the people praise thee.
 

4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy:
for thou shalt judge the people righteously,
and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.
 

5 Let the people praise thee, O God;
let all the people praise thee.
 

6 Then shall the earth yield her increase;
and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
 

7 God shall bless us;
and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.



Comments by Joan Boney

God showed His power upon Pharaoh and all people heard of this and feared the nation of Israel as they passed by.  The works of God were greatly known by what HE did.

Today the works of God are known to all by the creation of the heaven and earth.  No one can duplicate this act.  No one can destroy this work, except God.  No man can show himself to be mighty by his own knowledge or invention.  Who can remove the heavens?  Who can cause a star to fall from the heavens?  Who can cause the moon to disappear or the sun to disappear?  Only God can do these works.

Thus God is set separate from all men by HIS works which HE has done and which HE will do.

Psalm 67:7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.

When the children of Israel came to the borders of their lands, the people greatly feared because they had heard what God had done to Pharaoh because of the children of Israel.

Isaiah 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let HIM be your fear, and let HIM be your dread.

Exodus 15:16 Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of Thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till Thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which Thou hast purchased.

Matthew 28:4 And for fear of HIM the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.



Genesis 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

Deuteronomy 2:25 This day will I begin to put the dread of thee and the fear of thee upon the nations that are under the whole heaven, who shall hear report of thee, and shall tremble, and be in anguish because of thee.

Those who do not understand, fear the people of God.  All my mother's relatives "feared" her eldest sister (who was genuinely religious and had even been taken into heaven in the night as she slept) and they often spoke among themselves and would say, "What would Ardath think?"

The ungodly fear the godly for they know the godly are different from themselves.

God goes before the godly and the fear of God proceeds us ...

The victory is already ours even before we go out because God goes before HIS people and the other people are afraid of us.

Jn. 10 ...  4 And when HE putteth forth His own sheep, HE goeth before them, and the sheep follow him:for they know His voice.

God goes before HIS people ...

Isaiah 45:2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

==========

Sometimes God will have me correct a person.  This is a fearful thing to have to do for when we do this we can end up becoming harmed.  Thus we are warned:

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

If we do this correction wrongly, the wrong spirit can work through us as we "rightely" bring correction to another person.

Correcting another person is a dangerous thing to have to do.  Yet if we see them overtaken in a fault or sin, it is very difficult not to try to pull them out of that fault or sin.  We have to do this in a spirit of "meekness" and the only way I know to do that is by turning strongly to God before I bring the correction and trusting God to do it properly through me when it has to be done.

There is a woman who is not born again who asked me to help her concerning the selection of a TV.  This woman is very explosive and is set off even when you are trying to help and when you mean nothing by what you say to her.  She explodes and attacks you.  I am very aware of this.  When I was "helping her" I saw she was puffed up and about to make a decision that could hurt her.  I saw another way to solve the problem in the placement of the TV.  But if I told her, she would likely strike out at me.  What to do?  I turned to God asking HIM to help me if I was to tell her this.  I wanted not to tell her but I did have information that would greatly help her.  As we drove up to my garage door, I was praying, should I speak or not speak.  I needed to speak to help her.  I approached this very meekly.  But what I said intrigued her and she ended up looking at the example of my TV and she saw what she could do.  I could tell she was seriously considering it as she left my house.  I don't know what she did in the end.  I really don't care.  I have not asked her because it would likely provoke scornful words from her.  But I was freed for I gave her the information.  That ended the issue for me.  But it was done through great fear and meekness authored by God.

Correcting another person can be very dangerous and must be approached prayerfully(Usually best not to rush into doing correction ... Devils likely to try to drive you to do this correction especially if you think you have the godly way ... )