Friday, April 3, 2015

Psalm 61 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 Hear my cry, O God;
attend unto my prayer.
 

2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed:
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
 

3 For thou hast been a shelter for me,
and a strong tower from the enemy.

 

4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever:
I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
 

5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows:
thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
 

6 Thou wilt prolong the king's life:
and his years as many generations.
 

7 He shall abide before God for ever:
O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.
 

8 So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever,
that I may daily perform my vows.


==========

v. 3 ... shelter:  protection ... food and accommodations ... safe condition ...shield ... find refuge or take cover from danger ... prevent bad things, harmful things from me ...