Saturday, April 11, 2015

Cast even small cares on God

Pam Padgettteacher

A few weeks ago the fan of my computer suddenly stopped working.  A message displayed saying that to continue using the computer could damage it.  I have a Kindle, but to write and post messages for the blog using the Kindle would be extremely difficult for me.  So having the computer suddenly become unusable was very jarring.  I immediately turned to God asking for help

And I was helped, being calmed and my attention drawn to God and how HE cares for us as a woman at a post office told me how she came to have a dog after her daughter and her sister prayed about this  This woman has a physical condition which she thought would not allow her to care for a dog.  But the dog her daughter and sister found was very easy to care for and this woman was so helped and grateful to have this dog.  She even got another dog of the same breed.  Being reminded of God and HIS care for us was a great comfort to me. 

I was also helped in getting a backup computer as I prayed and my attention kept being drawn to a notebook computer (something I had not even thought to get before praying).  The notebook worked very well until the other computer could be repaired.  I was surprised that I even enjoyed using the notebook.

This was a very urgent problem, and I very quickly turned to God

During this same time, however, another problem was going on.  A new temporary line for telephone/internet/cable service had been put from my house, across part of the back yard, and out to a connection box.  I was a little concerned that my dogs might chew on this line.  But there was quite a bit of snow on the ground covering the line and a permanent line was scheduled to be buried in only about three weeks.  This seemed like a small matter that would "work itself out", and I discounted my concerns without praying about them

No one showed up to bury the line on the scheduled day, so I called and was told it would be another three weeks before this works could be done.  Snow was melting and the line was getting more and more exposed.  My concern and fears gradually grew but, again, I didn't pray. 

When no one came the second time to bury the line, concern and fears grew even more.  I'm so sorry that I allowed my flesh to rise up in strife, and called the company insisting they get the line buried as soon as possible.  As I was given various excuses why this couldn't be done for yet another month, I entered into even more strife. This strife greatly affected me, even to the point that I couldn't read to correctly judge a message I had written. 

But when I turned to God with my concerns and fears, and committed the problem to HIM to work out as HE willed, I was greatly helped.  Someone even came to bury the line that same day, although I had been told just a few hours before that it would be 3-4 days before they could let me know when the work could be scheduled. 

Not turning to God with what seemed like a "little" problem allowed the concern and fears to continue to grow and fester and eventually bring forth sin.  This is a strong example of how dangerous it is to not deal with each concern.  And God has even told us to turn to HIM with all of our cares. 

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

As we go about our daily lives when something strongly concerns or troubles us, we often quickly turn to God.  But we may ignore and fail to turn to God with what seems "smaller" or less urgent, although it is just as important to turn to God for HIS help with these things.

I've asked God to help me remember to pray to see things that trouble me but which I'm not paying attention to or not dealing with by turning to HIM.  Several times (at least daily) I've been reminded to pray this.  When I have been reminded of something that is a concern or fear, it gives me an opportunity to turn to God with that problem. 

God knows what we need to be helped, and HE cares for us.