Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The second death

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus speaks of a second death in Revelation 2:11 ... He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

What is "the second death"?

The first death happens when we are born again and is described in Romans 6 ...Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?  4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

The second death is likely the end of life when one leaves this present earth.

Recently, I had a dream where the highway ended all of a sudden and the car was going out over a cliff.  I was shocked at the situation but I noticed the beautiful cliff on the other side and was talking to God about that.  Then the car plunged down, nose first, into the bottom of the canyon.  There were tall pine trees with ground around the trees.  I awoke.

When I awoke I was really shaken and cried out to God asking what that dream means.  I heard the following words in the form of a thought:  "Nothing shall by any means hurt you."

I felt God was showing me that I would not be hurt by the "second death".