Thursday, October 18, 2012

Example

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Chron. 10 ... So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;  14And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

Transgress is to go beyond that which is stated or to fail to do that which is stated.

Saul sinned against the word of the LORD.  Do we remember the scripture where God told Saul to destroy the enemy and to destroy that which the enemy possessed?  Saul destroyed the enemy but Saul brought the king of the enemy and some of the sheep back.  Saul met the prophet Samuel and proudly announced that he had done all that the Lord commanded.  The prophet Samuel said:  And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear? I Sam. 14

And Saul asked counsel of the woman who had a familiar spirit.  (Do we ask counsel of the people of the world without asking God?)

Saul failed to inquire of the Lord.

Do we do the same things Saul did?

This ought not to be.  Yet I suspect from time to time each of us have done what Saul did.

As we go forward, we need to be very careful to pray, asking God what to do in all matters of this present life.  (To help sharpen me in this, I am making a note when I pray about something so I can go back and see if I have prayed and not let things slip so badly.)