Thursday, October 11, 2012

I am ashamed when I think of my works

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Memories come and when they do and I am reminded of my works of the past, I am ashamed.  But I find when I stop and remember those things God has done there is no shame and I rejoice in that which God has done.

For example:  God took me into heaven twice and "merged" me into body of Jesus.  God sent HIS angel in the night while I was sleeping and gave me call letters to a radio station and as a result put me on radio.  God gave me a dream which put us on the blog for Internet writings.  I know these are God's works, authored by Him, and I am not ashamed.

But when I think of my works in past I am ashamed.

Psalm 25 ... Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. 2O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. 3Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. 4Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. 5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

There is no shame in God.  But there is much shame in our own ideas and works apart from God.  There is much shame in our fleshly achievements apart from God.  But when I think of anything done by God, I relax for there is no shame.  I'm saved by the works of God.