Saturday, September 15, 2012

They of the flesh are not the children of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Romans 9:15 ... They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.



 They which are of the flesh are those who do what they think they are supposed to do without hearing from the Spirit of God.


An example:  You can sit in church and hear that you need to be baptized so you go forward and are baptized but nothing changes.  That is because you went forward by what you thought you were supposed to do, by your own thinking, by your own flesh.  I did this when I was 15 because I didn't want to go to hell.  But I was not born of the Spirit of God though I was baptized in water.  (I was of the flesh at that point.)

When I was 37 years old, God, by HIS Spirit spoke to me saying, "Joan, you know all those mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."  I was shocked!  I also believe at that point I was born again.

Then a few months after that while on a plane going to Albuquerque for a buying trip for my business, by the Spirit I heard, "Be baptized."  So I told my cousin who met me at the plane that if she could set it up at her church I would be baptized while I was in Albuquerque.  She was puzzled for I had been baptized.  But I told her I was not born again at that time when I was 15 years old and was baptized.  (Now I am a child of the promise, having heard from God by HIS Spirit.)


So of your own will you can't be a child of the promise.


Paul goes ahead to explain this in Romans 9 ... For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.   Salvation is of God by the will of God and not by the will of man.  God hardens whom HE wants to harden and God has compassion on whom HE will have compassion.  Romans 9 addresses this subject.



Many think they are Christians today because they have done those things which they think they are supposed to do such as be baptized.  They may even tithe and not be born again.  Many put themselves into the church without having the Spirit.  We read about this in Jude.  But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 

The elect of God, spoken of by Paul in Romans 9, is a hard subject for many.  But if you do not have the Spirit of God you are of the flesh and not of the "promise" ... You are not of God unless you are led by the Spirit of God.  Romans 8