Saturday, September 22, 2012

Burdens?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I was considering the following scripture ... Psalm 55:22   Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. 

... and considering the meaning of the word, "burden" ...  which means:  a duty or responsibility that causes hardship, anxiety, or grief

And I realized how my plans and activities before I was born again were really burdens.

But the call of God on my life and the duties set on me by God have been no burden at all to me.  In fact, they have been very easy for me to do and a great joy to me.

The burdens of my life were the things my own flesh and mind set about to do.

Makes sense to me that Jesus said:  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.