Monday, September 3, 2012

No weapon formed against you will prosper

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist


Many years ago in the 1980"s a man came to our apartment. He told us that he wanted to buy our apartment which had just gone coop, and that he was buying many apartments in the neighborhood. I tried to tell Mr. Galegos that this was not a wise investment. Not that I cared who owned our apartment, but at the time I had had several dreams showing me that the economy was going to get very bad. He didn't believe me, and said he liked our apartment very much. He did buy our apartment, and shortly thereafter he defaulted. After that we had sheriffs notices taped to our door. Neighbors who saw them thought we didn't pay our rent, so I had to explain what happened. One day I was informed that the managing agent for this building was coming with a marshal to our apartment to evaluate our furniture. I tried to explain that most of our furniture was given to us by my mother. However, they came and the super was with them. The morning that they were to come, I came across the following scripture: Proverbs 22:27 If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee? We were also told that if we did not vacate our apartment, they were going to put our furniture out on the sidewalk. I printed out the above scripture, and gave a copy to all each man.. After much prayer and worrying about the situation. My husband who at the time worked in the library of a law firm where my sisters husband is a partner, went to his office and explained the situation to him. My brother-in-law got in touch with the lawyer for this building, explaining that we have a non-eviction plan, Everything was straightened out and we're still here. Thank God.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 54:17