Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sometimes things are turned through prayer

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The following is a good example of the word from God delivered by a prophet of God being changed because of prayer.

II Kings 20 ... In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.  2Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying, 3I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.  4And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,  5Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD. 6And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David’s sake. 

The above is an amazing example.  We have the word of God carried by a prophet of God and yet the word ended up being changed through prayer.

Then there is the following example given by Jesus concerning prayer.



Lk. 18 ...And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 2Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:  3And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?


And Paul said:   Pray without ceasing.  I Thess. 5:17  (Pray without ceasing to pray over the issue at hand.)

Until the matter is resolved, sometimes I just keep calling out to God.  It is not weak faith to pray multiple times over the same subject.