Saturday, September 1, 2012

God enables us for HIS calling

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist

When I was a new Christian and still today, what I love to do is talk about our wonderful savior Jesus, and share all the miracles that God has performed in my life. 
 
Many years ago I became frightened when the opportunity to share came my way. At that time I was given the following scripture which helped me so much.   
 
Acts 18:9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: 10: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee: for I have much people in this city.


Comments by Joan Boney

Renee was born into a Jewish family.  We can imagine how much courage she needed to speak of Jesus.  And her calling was to do that ... speak of Jesus.  

God equipped her with HIS word to her.

My calling is to speak to the church.  And I was given a gift of exhortation for the church.  And God taught me how to speak to the church.  God gave me the following scriptures as patterns and I thought on these scriptures day and night.

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. Jn. 5:30
 
God was saying to me:   Listen to the Holy Spirit and speak what HE gives you.  Don't try to figure out what you say ahead of time.  God knows what they need.  Just speak what you hear from God and the needs will be met.
 
Also I was given this as a pattern:
And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.  I Cor. 2
 
God showed me to just read the Bible and meditate in scripture and do what I saw to do and speak those things called to my attention by the Holy Spirit.