Friday, September 21, 2012

Conformed to image of Jesus

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Romans 8:29 ... For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 

We are conformed to the image of Jesus each time we hear a word from the Spirit of God and do that word that we hear from the Spirit of God.

From the time we are born of the Spirit of God and leave this present earth, we are conformed over and over to the image of Jesus, the Word, by doing the Word spoken to us by the Spirit of God.

We are continually made ready for the Bridegroom this way, dressed in HIM.

For example:  When Phil. 2:5-7 was called to my attention and I deliberately changed my life to do this word, I was conformed to the image of Jesus, the Word.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,  Phil. 2

As I continue to make myself of no reputation, I continue being conformed to the image of Jesus.

And this is how we are conformed to the image of Jesus.  This is putting on the "wedding garment", dressing ourselves for the coming wedding with Jesus, making ourselves ready.