Friday, September 14, 2012

Shun profane and vain babblings

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There is a woman from Bridge Center who still calls me wanting to go to dinner with me from time to time.

Recently she called and talked in a monologue, rambling on and on about worldly things and worldly people, loving to tell me the Bridge Center gossip which I do not want to hear.  

Then she said:  "They say things happen in threes ..."  and she tried to continue her speaking, but I would have none to do with it and I began saying, in a loud voice, "Stop ... just stop ... stop speaking ... stop", for she is like a steamroller and it is very difficult to get her to stop speaking when she is on a rampage of words.  But I was going to have none of her superstitious nonsense and finally she stopped speaking.  I told her what she said is not true but is just superstition.  After that she terminated the phone call and I was glad.


 A few days later, I was reading II Tim. and came across this instruction and I knew that is what I had done in this example.

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17And their word will eat as doth a canker:  II Tim. 2