Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Has God commanded you?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

To Joshua, God said ...

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.  Joshua 1:9

Has God commanded us to do the work we are doing or are about to do?

So often, God will give me a dream to show me to do a certain thing.  Then when I look back and examine myself (as I often do) I remember the dream and know God commanded me.  The work is not of my own desire but of God.  And when I know that, I have faith to go ahead and faith to continue in that work.  And I know God is with me in the work.  I don't go off on my own and start a "good" work.  I just wait until God assigns me the work.

Some people see a scripture and they think that is God commanding them and they get into lots of trouble by doing things they cannot afford to do and making great burdens on themselves and their families and friends.

But I expect to be commanded by the Spirit of God.  You can read a scripture and still not have the Spirit of God telling you to do that work.  There are also religious spirits speaking, trying to get us to do great works which will take us in a way not authored by God.  The ego of man wants to be chosen and wants to do that great work so it is easy for Satan to lead fleshly people in religious works.

We are warned about being led by an angel of light (seems like enlightenment) which is really Satan authoring the work.

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. II Cor. 11

The people who do these fleshly works in the name of Jesus will be turned away by Jesus in the day of judgment.  Jesus explains as follows:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  Mt. 7

Not long ago, it came into my mind to write a book.  I even had title for book.  It would have been very easy to write this book.  I have had a little experience with publishers and could probably contact them.  But was it the will of God for me to do this?

When I took this idea to God the idea seemed very much like it would be of God, but was it of God?

So I prayed, asking God.  And I was reminded this word which settled it for me.  

"Copyright"

Published books have a copyright which prohibit the pages being copied.

I want people to be able to copy the messages we publish.

By this I knew it was not the will of God for me to put a book into the hands of a publisher.

So something can seem like an idea from God and not be an idea from God.