Thursday, September 27, 2012

Our atonment is Jesus

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist


My husband has Lymphadema in both of his legs. I have been taking him for Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments every day Monday through Friday. One of the staff who works with him is a Russian Jewish woman. She found out that my husband and I are Jewish. This Wednesday is a Jewish holiday (Yom Kippur) This is a day in which Jewish people fast all day in order to atone for their sins. Today this woman said to me "You won't be coming here on Wednesday will you?" I said "Yes, we will." She looked very shocked and asked me, "Why? This is the holiest day of the year. Tell me, why."  I said "Because Jesus Christ is our Messiah. He is our atonement for sin." She muttered something and I said that's what the Bible teaches us. Then she said "The Bible was ours." I said "And it still is." At this point she walked away. 

Immediately after I was given the following scripture:  I John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children,
and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, then he that is in the world.