Sunday, June 25, 2023

πŸ’₯ Some people hunt for a "word" for a solution rather than putting their trust in God.


Humans often trust in themselves rather than putting their trust in God.

They pray and then begin hunting a Word from the Bible which seems to fit the solution to their problem.  They often trust in themselves rather than trusting in God.

God taught me to pray and then to trust HIM to bring to me the solution.

John 5:30  Jesus said:

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear (from God), I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

If we pray according to the will of God, our prayer will be answered.

I John 5

14 And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

15 And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A young man asked me if I would pray that he get the job for which he was interviewing.  I told him I would not pray this for him because I didn't know if it was the will of God for him to get that job.  I would pray for the will of God to be done.  He did not get the job.

Sometimes I know the will of God in the matter at hand.   Other times I do not know the will of God in a specific situation.

If we pray, "according to the will of God", God will hear us and it will be done.

Now I know to seek the will of God in the matter at hand before I pray.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As a young woman, I wanted to marry.  I prayed often to marry.  But I never considered if it was the will of God for me to marry.

I dated several men but it just never worked out.  Often I was depressed because my prayer was not answered.  I did not know the scripture in I John 5 concerning praying according to the will of God.  There was a call of God on my life, and apparently to do the work to which God called me, I would not marry.  

(Most people do marry and it is the will of God but in my case it was not so.)

Since learning to seek the will of God and pray according to God's will, all my prayers have been answered when I have prayed so far as I can recall.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

From approximately 1978 through 1982, I attended a faith movement church.  We were taught to claim scripture over that which we wanted.  (I don't recall anyone mentioning seeking the will of God.)  I found a scripture to claim concerning marrying:  (Isaiah 34:16)  None shall want her mate.

I claimed this scripture daily for many months.

I became more and more depressed because it wasn't working for me.

God gave me the following to show me my error:  "How is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it?"  (NIV  I Peter 2:20)

And then I understood what I had done wrong.  I wanted to marry.  I did not consider what was the will of God.  It was what I wanted.  But it was not God's will for me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Here is the way Jesus taught us to pray:

Matthew 6

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be THY name.

10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I repented of my error which was done in ignorance.

We must pray "according to the will of God."


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯