Thursday, June 22, 2023

Podcast: In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin

 

 
Proverbs 10:19  In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God says:  The more talk, the more opportunity there is for sin.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 12  (Jesus says)

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Speculation of humans can be filled with evil thinking.

Also when we tell what we have heard, if what we heard was wrong, we can be accountable for spreading false witness.

To try to explain what is happening, giving reasons, is also very dangerous.

In his wisdom from God Solomon said:

Proverbs 26:16

The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.

(I'm learning to stop giving a reason unless I'm sure I've heard from God.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Being wise in her own eyes was part of the downfall of Eve.

Genesis 3

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

(Eve added to the Word of God.  God did not say, "Neither shall ye touch it.")

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

(Humans greatly desire to be as gods, explaining "why" something happened.)

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

(People want other people to see them as being "wise" without God.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

People also want to take pride in other humans.

But when I tell what God said or did, they often want to run away from me.

Give glory to God!  Show HIS word and HIS work.

John 14:26-27  (Jesus said)

13 Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

14 He (the Holy Spirit) shall glorify ME (the Word): for HE shall receive of MINE, and shall shew it unto you.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

John 7:18  (Jesus said)   He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh HIS glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When I know I'm going to be with other people, I often pray asking God to have me speak only what HE wants me to speak.

And from the time that God started training me to work as a minister, HE showed me not to plan anything.  Just step out on stage and speak that which the Holy Spirit brought to my mind, scripture or example.  And God taught me to write this way on blog and record this way on Podcasts.

My example was the apostle Paul:

I Corinthians 2  (Paul says:)

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and HIM crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯