Sunday, June 25, 2023

Podcast: Ideas that are from God

 

 
Sometimes we will schedule something but then have no real peace or joy about doing that thing which we planned.  When this is the case, back off, put the plan on hold, pray again.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

It may be that you have the wrong plan.  Or it could be that you are trying to work with the wrong person in executing the plan.

If the worker troubles you, just ask God to change your heart if you are wrong.  After prayer, if you are still uncomfortable about the worker, know that you need to find someone else to do the work.  Trust God to sort it out for you.  Do not go forward as long as you find the worker troubling.

Recently I made the mistake of allowing a man to do a small job for me and it had to be undone and redone after this man finished his work.  I had no reason to be troubled by this worker but the two times he came to do the work, I was immediately troubled by him without any real reason to be troubled.  The Spirit in us will warn us by causing us to "feel" uneasy.  

(Sometimes God will even warn us by giving us a dream to show us we are going the wrong direction.)

This was such a minor job, I think I just went through the STOP signs.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Paul said:  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.  (I Thess. 5:21)

How do we "prove" the plan?

Proverbs 16:3  Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I once asked a young woman, "After you pray, how do you know which ideas that come to you are from God?"

(She was speechless.  Apparently she had never thought about this.)

If you pray, "What should I do about this?"  Ideas will likely come to your mind as to what you could do.  

Ideas can be from God sent by HIS Spirit.  The devil can send you ideas.  Your own flesh with it's desires can bring ideas.

So how do you know which ideas are from God?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

James 3:17

But the wisdom that is from above is:

 * first pure, 

 * then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, 

 * full of mercy and good fruits, 

 * without partiality, 

 * without hypocrisy.

If the idea is overly complex, difficult, burdensome, exceedingly expensive, I always know I am not going in God's plan.  

Back off.  Pray again.  Be sure you are trusting that God will bring you the way for you to go. 

And evaluate the plan by this:  God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.  (Mt. 11:30)

- easy:  achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties 

Example: I allowed a man to change out a cord on my TV which was supposed to upgrade the picture to 4K or 8K.  But when he finished, the TV picture was not good.  My previous picture was much better.  I was sick that I had allowed this man to do this.  But before he came to do the work, I dreaded the thought that he would be coming to make this change.  I went through the warnings which God was trying to give me and allow this man to come do the work.

God knew how upset I was.  An idea came:  just install your previous cables and allow the cable that goes from TV to sound processor to hang down behind the TV without having to hide that cable behind the wall.  Then you can see immediately if the video problem will be resolved.

I still had the old cables so I could do this without problem.  And if I allowed the cables to come outside the wall it was just a matter of plugging them in to test the video picture!

I did this that same day and the TV picture was very good.  Later when someone comes to work here, he can easily drop the cable down the wall, hiding the cable.

This plan brought me peace and immediate comfort and it worked!  

God brings us ideas which help us greatly and are filled with peace.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯