Sunday, June 18, 2023

Podcast: God's leading in a secular project

 

 
(Comments by Joan Boney)

At the time I was born again in 1975, I owned a small business in American Indian arts in Dallas, Texas.

I saw scripture which showed me God would help me with the selection of merchandise for my business.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

So before I went to buy merchandise for the shop, I would ask God to give me wisdom in what I should buy.

God had given me a natural eye to be able to judge turquoise stones.  So I could see the quality of the stone.

God also showed me to focus on those items that I really liked, items that held my interest!

And I really believe the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth, in both spiritual and secular matters.

John 14:26  Jesus says: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear, that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

So I asked God to help me with my business:

πŸ’₯ Before going to the reservation, I prayed for God to have the Indian artist to make the items I needed for my shop.

πŸ’₯ Before I went to buy the items, I prayed for God to show me what to buy.

πŸ’₯ And when I returned from buying trips, I prayed for God to send the angels out to bring the customers into my store to buy the items.

I never had a sale  (except when I closed the business in July, 1979, to go into the ministry.  Then I sold items for less 10 percent.) and everything I purchased for my business sold from 1975 though 1979!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

From the time I was born again until the present day, I learned to follow the leading of God by HIS Spirit.

I am currently 85 years old.

Recently I found a need for a sugar bowl for my room.  

(Pam Padgett brings me my food and drink.  She usually puts sugar in my coffee and iced tea, but occasionally I feel a need for a little more sugar which I could add if I bought a sugar bowl.)

I prayed for God to help me and I went to Amazon to look for a small sugar bowl.

At first, the quality didn't interest me.  I remember saying aloud, "These don't seem to be interesting to me."  (I must have been talking with God because no one else was in my room.)

So I went to another internet listing ... And things of great interest came on my Kindle tablet.

First, I saw this:  



I thought this was really spectacular!

But I wasn't looking for a desk.  And I didn't have any space in my room to put such an item.

Then I saw something else that greatly intrigued me:



These items were wonderful, I thought.  They were all made by one artist.  A woman named Victoria Mackenzie Child who lives in upper New York state.

I had dealt with artists in my business for many years and I often recognized art work.  Also God was leading me!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After going though the items offered by this store in Boston, the following idea came to my mind:  I could turn 1/2 of my walk in closet into an office area and put that desk into that space!

(I can't use the closet for clothes because I can't stand up physically to reach the clothes because I can't walk and can only use walker or wheelchair.)

So I decided to buy that desk and then many ideas came (one by one) which I believe were of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

On 2 walls of the closet I thought of black and white striped wallpaper:



And on the other wall of the closet, I found the following stick on glass tile:

 
 
I put the following rug under the desk:  (also designed by Mackenzie Child)



And I changed the louvered closet doors to sliding doors to allow more space:

 


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

* I have to keep a porta-potty in my bedroom because it is too dangerous at night for me to go into the bathroom which is across the hall.  Pam Padgett began to have ideas concerning decorating the porta-potty with stick on black and white checked wallpaper and to make striped arms and legs and to put a Mackenzie Child designed "Queen bee" pillow as back rest on the porta-potty.

Then I bought the 27" ceramic Butler Frog to go beside the porto-potty ... and on the other side a Mackenzie-Child designed waste basket.



After that, I thought the project items were finished, but then I had one more idea come to me:  "Put gold colored Victorian style fringe on the closet clothes rod that runs across the length of that part of clothes closet."

(I began looking on Internet and found the following fringe in Pittsburgh and bought a yard of fringe.)


That finished the project.

God led me giving me one idea after another for approximately 3 days.

Pam was able to do much of the work:  hang wallpaper and tile and decorate porta-potty

Our handyman switched the closet doors from bi-fold to sliding.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


God guides us by bringing to our mind ideas by the Holy Spirit ... even on secular projects!

            Sugar bowl:                                                           
 

 
 
 Salt/pepper shakers:




πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Ephesians 3:20  Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

(The power that works in us is the Holy Spirit who brings to our mind ideas from God.)

All I did was to try to buy a sugar bowl ... but far more was planned for me by God.


Finished Project
 





πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯